tomcat-users mailing list archives

From emerson cargnin <echofloripa.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding a symlink from inside the app after deployment - What's the best approach?
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 15:58:11 GMT
At the moment we have a special script that stops tomcat, expands the
war file and adds a symlink that point to a common set of JSPs, to
then start tomcat again.

This symlink was needed as tomcat doesn't have a way to create a mount
to outside of the webapp (apparently it was added and removed
afterwards).

Now we are trying to not use the restart script and rely only on the
manager deployment feature, but we still need to add this symlink from
inside the apps.

What is the best way to implement this, add a context listener and
create the symlink from inside the listener?

Regards
Emerson