tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bharath Vasudevan <bharath....@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat threads
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 23:47:37 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know more on the threads created in tomcat. Are they user
level threads or kernel threads?

I see that the requests are kicked off through the threads from a pool
(which has a configured size), how can this be scalable?

Also, from my understanding in servlets, the response for a request in has
to be done then and there (as in I cant respond for a request later in
future from some random thread) .

If there is contention for a resource which might take time (causing the
response to take time), wont tomcat run out of threads?

Regards,
Bharath