tomcat-users mailing list archives

From fred basset <fredbasset1...@gmail.com>
Subject how to configure log4j path to work both in Tomcat and from the CLI?
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 22:10:15 GMT
Hi All,

I use log4j, I'm trying to configure it so that log4j uses a non
hardcoded path, and it resolves the path both when running under
tomcat and running my unit tests from the CLI with ant.

Here's the relevant line from log4j.properties:

log4j.appender.R.File=${catalina.home}/logs/myapp.log

This works fine when I'm running my app. under Tomcat, but when I try
to run my unit tests from ant, log4j tries to log to /logs/myapp.log
(i.e. resolves ${catalina.home} to nothing).
The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is set correctly.

Thanks if anyone can help me on this.