tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat not serving large content?
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:32:12 GMT
On 31/03/2010 15:11, John Dunne wrote:
> When I download the file in a browser, the XML content is incomplete and so
> the browser just complains of receiving a malformed XML document. This is
> the same for several browsers.

How many bytes do you get?  Is it the same amount each time?

Have to ask: is it possible that the whole file is downloaded, but that
the rendering stops at a specific point because there's malformed content?

Can you enable the RequestDumperValve?

  http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/valve.html

> The Servlet is sending the document to the client via Rome java rss library.
> Rome polls the XML feed from the source and then serves the XML document via
> the HttpServletResponse.getWriter() method and SyndFeedOutput, a Rome class
> that is used to write the XML document to the PrintWriter.
>
> I've made sure the flush method is called.
>
> I've also tried, from within the Servlet, reading the XML document from its
> source and then sending the XML document in the response line by line (in
> effect just using a StringBuffer to store the XML document, and then
> splitting the StringBuffer into lines, and sending these using the
> response.getWriter().println() method) to make sure that the XML document is
> actually being sent to the PrintWriter, which it is.
>
> So something occurring after the PrintWriter.println() method is called is
> stopping the entire data from making it to the client. Hence my thinking
> that it's the Tomcat server not liking the amount of data being sent in the
> response??

And you don't