tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat PUT not working
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:42:26 GMT
Michael,

Many thanks for your comments, clarifications and references.
I believe that these will help the Tomcat development team in their
decision about implementing (or not) the getParameter family of methods
on HTTP methods other than GET and POST.

I did indeed leave some aspects out of my own post (such as POST
"parameters" encoded as multipart/form-data, the "path-info" etc.), in
order to keep the general explanation more readable.
But even so, I appreciate your comments because they improve my own
knowledge and will lead me to re-read these specs with hopefully a
better level of understanding and precision.

 From the quality of your post, it sounds that you may be involved
somehow in the HTTP RFC process. Is that a correct guess ?
If yes, would you mind if ask you a couple of additional HTTP-related
questions, off-list ?