tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: access to localhost:8080 fails
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:20:22 GMT
Krishanu Biswas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've a 6.0.26 (latest) Tomcat installed on my laptop (windows vista
> ulltimate). When inside corporate network, it works.

Can you explain how exactly "it works" ? what URL are you using then,
from where ? what are you seeing then ?

  In home network, it
> doesn't.

Same questions.

Strange enough that it does not work even when the laptop stands
> alone (not connected to any network). Accessing
> http://localhost:8080results in: ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT as seen
> with HttpWatch. The
> request does not reach the server (hence no log).

I presume this URL really is :

http://localhost:8080/results

, right ?

  server.xml has not been
> changed.
>
> netstat -ab shows the following processes:
>
>   TCP    0.0.0.0:8009           hostname:0        LISTENING
>  [java.exe]
>   TCP    0.0.0.0:8080           hostname:0        LISTENING
>  [java.exe]
> : Windows Sockets initialization failed: 5

What does that mean ? What is is in the Tomcat logs, corresponding to
this error ?

>  TCP    [::]:8009              WDFN00224028A:0        LISTENING
> [java.exe]
>  TCP    [::]:8080              WDFN00224028A:0        LISTENING
> [java.exe]
>
> Windows host file has the following entries:
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> ::1           localhost
>
> Using java version "1.6.0_18"
>
> The problem appears to be very strange to me. Did a lot of searching on the
> web before this post. Nothing helped. I'm sure that this is not a new
> problem and hoping that one of you have already solved such an issue.

Is the "Windows firewall" or anything similar enabled (AUP or whatever
it's called) ?
If you do NOT start the Tomcat Service, and do a "netstat -ab", what do
you see then ?