tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: jvm exits without trace
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2010 00:22:46 GMT
David kerber wrote:
> It looks like we may have had one of these this AM, but under somewhat
> different conditions:  Windows server 2008, JVM 1.6.0_17 64-bit Server
> VM, TC 5.5.28.  No tracks in any of the TC logs, and the Windows event
> viewer had the singularly un-useful "The Tomcat5 service terminated
> unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s)."
After working with Sybase, it appears that the most likely cause was a
mismatch between the jodbc.jar file shown in the log below, and the .dll
it talks to outside.  I had updated the database drivers a couple of
weeks ago, and apparently forgot to update the .jar file in TCs shared
library folder.  It worked for a while, but apparently something special
happened today that tripped it up.

BTW, after looking back at my development notes, the jdbc-odbc bridges,
while a pain to set up, have better performance than the type 4 drivers
that Sybase also offers.