tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:16:21 GMT
On 23/03/2010 22:54, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 23/03/2010 22:39, Propes, Barry L wrote:
>> I got this again today, and it seems to happen when/if I go into the Tomcat Manager
app and  either Stop and Start or Reload the app.

>> Should that have a significant bearing on something like a DBCP connection so adversely?
>>
>> I was thinking it was tantamount to shutting down the Tomcat console and restarting
it....that not the case?
> No. It just re-loads the app.
>
> Sounds like you have hit a bug in commons-pool / Tomcat's memory leak
> clean-up code.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/MemoryLeakProtection
> search for "TimerThread"
>
> Mark

I've also seen this intermittently with the latest mysql connector/J
(.12) but I'm going to start a new thread for this when I can replicate
it, because this thread is too big* and it's a slightly different topic.

* and every time i see a new post in this thread, my stomach sinks.