tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk - apache to tomcat using SSL
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:07:30 GMT
Campbell, Lance wrote:
> I have a web server and an application server.  I use mod_jk to
> communicate between apache2.0 and tomcat 6.  I don't believe the
> communication between apache and tomcat is secured by default.  Is there
> a way to have it send the information in a secure way.

Taking your question strictly as phrased, I don't think so, because the
mod_jk/Tomcat AJP protocol is not encrypted.
If you really needed to do this, you could use an SSH tunnel however.
If you really needed to and the physical constraints allow it, you could
also link your Apache with the back-end Tomcat with a dedicated LAN, and
avoid the overhead of SSL.