tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Problem redirecting requests from IIS to Tomcat by isapi_redirect.dll
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2010 12:25:57 GMT
mirkocal wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to redirect requests from IIS 6 to Tomcat 6.
> I've followed the instructions reported in the official Tomcat
> documentation:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/iis.html
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/workers.html
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/uriworkermap.html
> In particular, I've created:
> - the required registry key
> - the web app MyApp under Tomcat
> - the web site MyApp under IIS containing the virtual directory MyApp
> pointing to the fisical directory of the Tomcat web app (further than the
> jakarta virtual dir) with host header value www.myapp.it and ISAPI filter as
> shown in the docs

That, you should probably not do, because if you define the webapp dir
directly to IIS, it means you are bypassing Tomcat.
Try accessing http://www.myapp.it/MyApp/WEB-INF/web.xml.
If it works, then something is wrong, because Tomcat (for security
reasons) would never show you this file.

Basically, you should have only the "jakarta" virtual dir, and it will
work for all your Tomcat webapps.
Only in some special cases, you do need to add "MyApp", but then you
should be really careful.

> I'm using isapi_redirect.dll ver. 1.2.30, the operating system is Win 2003.
That's fine.

> Now, asking for www.myapp.it I am only redirected on Tomcat main page

That is as it should be, with the standard installation.

, but
> MyApp is not started. To access it, I have to ask for www.myapp.it/MyApp

That is also normal.

  but
> what I want is to start the application asking simply for www.myapp.it.

This is a different issue.
For that to work, you need to make your app be the Tomcat default
application (which is named ROOT (in capitals)).
See here :
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo