tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How do I set up and run Tomcat 5.5.23 on Cetos5.3
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:55:07 GMT
testwreq wreq wrote:
> I see 8080 running as follows:
> tcp        0      0 :::8080                     :::*
> LISTEN      6980/java

Ok, that /might/ be Tomcat, and it /might/ be the Tomcat we are talking
about.  But it is not sure yet, because it seems that there may be more
running on that system than you (and us) know about.

teswreq,
I am going to try to help you, but you have to follow the steps and do
what you are told, ok ?

First, enter this command :

netstat -anp | grep LISTEN | grep 6980

you should see the same line as above, and a couple of additional ones.
Paste these lines here, in your next message.

Then, enter this :

ps -ef | grep 6980

and also paste the result here.

Then, navigate to the "conf" directory of Tomcat (we do not know where
the CentOS Tomcat package puts that one, so you have to find it
yourself).  In that directory, is a file "server.xml".
Make a copy of that file, and edit that copy.
Remove all the XML comments from it. (Those are text sections between
"<!--" and "-->" sequences), and also paste the rest here.

Then, we might see things a bit more clearly.

Then, while we are looking at that, get yourself an add-on for your
browser, that we will use later to show what exactly is going on between
the browser and the server.  If you are using Firefox (recommended), get
the HttpFox add-on for example.  If you are using IE, get Fiddler2.  You
can find these things in Google, or in the "add-ons/plugins" menu of the
browser.

So, off you go.