tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: RES: TOMCAT 6 Error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:23:45 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 11/03/2010 12:49, Gustavo A. Daud wrote:
>> Chuck,
>>
>> I install again the tomcat 6 and now I'm using other user to running
>> tomcat, as you sugest. But, the error persists...
>> Look at this line: "Using CLASSPATH:
>> /opt/tomcat6/bin/bootstrap.jar". I perform a search on tomcat files
>> looking for any bootstrap and here the result:
>>
>> gustavo@suse-server:/opt/tomcat6>  find . -iname bootstrap*
>> ./res/META-INF/bootstrap.jar.manifest
>> ./res/META-INF/bootstrap.jar
>> ./java/org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap.java
>>
>> There are no bootstrap.jar on tomcat6/bin/. Is this normal?
>
> That looks like you are trying to run Tomcat from a source distribution
> rather than a binary one.

(Sound of 10 hands hitting 10 heads)
See, that's why Mark is a Committer, and we are mere helpers here.
Why did we not think of that ?

This link :
http://mirror.pop-sc.rnp.br/apache/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.24/src/apache-tomcat-6.0.24-src.tar.gz
is for the /sources/ of Tomcat.
Right above this link, is a README which explains what each package
contains.