tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: jvm exits without trace
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 18:29:42 GMT
Taylan Develioglu wrote:
> Chuck, if that is true how can we explain I see only 637 busy threads on
> a server that is serving 2172 clients ?

Woaw ! can you give us your trick ?

> If every connection requires its own thread there should be 2172
> threads.

Seriously now : when a thread is finished serving a request, there is
still some time during which the response bytes are cascading through
the network to the clients.
I think you need to defined "serving 2172 clients" a bit more precisely
before you can say this, no ?

> On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 16:40 +0100, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>>> From: Taylan Develioglu [mailto:tdevelioglu@ebuddy.com]
>>> Subject: RE: jvm exits without trace
>>>
>>> where peak busy-threads used to be ~50 with APR, now it has become ~200
>>> with JIO.
>> To be expected when you have unlimited keep-alives configured.  Each HTTP connection
requires a separate thread with JIO, whereas the NIO and APR connectors use a single poller
thread.

>>  - Chuck
>>

>> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL
and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.