tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From André Warnier>
Subject Re: IIS 7 is unable to load 32-bit Tomcat connector
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 14:49:37 GMT
Jason Foy wrote:
> Hi Turk,
> I forgot the wow64 entry. Now it is working. You are absolutely right. The 64-bit and
32-bit do behave the same. Now I don't know what to do any more. I have a chatting application
working well on windows 2003/IIS6(32-bit). The chatting application enables person1 to talk
to person2 using standard HTTP and push technology. When I moved it to windows 2008/IIS7(64-bit),
the person2 can receive all messages from person1 but person1 cannot receive any messages
back. The difference is that person1 to person2 is HTTP post and person2 to person1 is push(Javascript
push). I saw the ISAPI filter logged the javascript statement and said it sent to client successfully
but person1 does not receive it. I used wireshark on the person1 machine and the web server
machine. No such info is logged in wireshark.. Here is the trace printed out in the isapi
> For better readablity: the following is to transmit "<script.language=JavaScript>parent.receiveText('TestMsg1')</script>
> Under the windows 2003, the javascript will be received by person1's web browser and
execute it. but on windows 2008, this line is not even able to send to person1. Do you have
any idea how this could happen? I am desperate needing help.
With all respect, I believe that you may be a bit confused.
Web servers do not execute javascript.  Web browsers do.
This :
is never sent to the server, nor executed by it.
(It may be sent by the server to a browser, as part of a html page 
however; but that is not the same thing).

At a guess, this is executed by the browser, inside a frame (or iframe), 
and it calls a javascript function "receiveText()" defined in the parent 
window which contains this frame.
And this function, directly or indirectly, does a POST or a GET to the 
server, to get the message text.

What I mean is that for the different behaviour, you should probably be 
looking at the clients which run the browsers which do the chat, and not 
at the server(s).
Of course if you are running the browser(s) on the same hosts as where 
the server(s) are running, then it is easy to get confused.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message