tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Michaels <jor...@viviotech.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat+apache on name_based virtual hosts
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:10:01 GMT
You can do this by creating new <Host> and <Context> entries in the
server.xml file for each site.

For example:

         <Host name="a.university.com" appBase="webapps"
              unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
              <Context path="" docBase="[PATH TO WEBAPP]" />
         </Host>

and

         <Host name="b.university.com" appBase="webapps"
              unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
              <Context path="" docBase="[PATH TO WEBAPP]" />
         </Host>

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels
Vivio Technologies
http://www.viviotech.net/
Open BlueDragon Steering Committee
Railo Community Distributions

chenll wrote:
> Hi, I have a server which has only one IP and runs on Windows XP.  And I have two domain
names: a.university.com and b.university.com. I have built two websites for both of them on
the Apache 2.
> Now I installed another web application which runs on Tomcat 6, and want to load the
web application when I enter http://b.university.com/webap in IE. What should I do? Thank
you in advanced!