tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: getServerName returns 'localhost'
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:02:51 GMT
vgud wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> I have the application which could be accessed from different domain
> addresses and I need to know from what domain request was sent. I try to get
> following from request:
>
> getRemoteHost: 127.0.0.1
> getServerName: localhost
>
> I use tomcat 5.5 and I suppose i should configure something to get correct
> domain name. Can anyone help me?? Any help will be apreciated.

Are users accessing Tomcat directly ? or through an Apache front-end for
example ?

Also, your question above is not very clear.  Can you revisit your usage
of "from" above, and rephrase what you are trying to get exactly ?
Do you mean that your server responds to different domain names, and you
want to know which one users use ?
Or do you want to know from which (user-side) IP address they are
accesing your server ?