tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: check number of http connection in tomcat
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 09:49:28 GMT
chuikingman wrote:
> I try to use tomcat manager .
> There is account role admin in the linux dir
> But when I access  http://XXXx:8080/admin/index.html
> I input the user name "tomcatadmin" and password"tomcat ".
> It is failed and show not authorized.
> I paste the  /conf/users/tomcat-users.xml file below
> <tomcat-users>
>   <role rolename="manager"/>
>   <role rolename="admin"/>
>   <user name="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat" />
>   <user name="role1"  password="tomcat" roles="role1"  />
>   <user name="both"   password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1" />
>   <user name="tomcatadmin"  password="tomcat" roles="admin,manager" />
> </tomcat-users>
>   Could you advice what is wrong for the password ??
> How can I fix it .......
> Please advice

As explained previously, I am really guessing here, because your version
of Tomcat is so old..

But assuming it works like more recent versions :

1) the correct link is probably : http://XXXx:8080/manager
(admin is another application)

2) make sure that around your <tomcat-users> section above, there are no
XML comment signs like
<!--
<tomcat-users>

-->

(and if you remove them, restart Tomcat)