tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Shifman <mark.shif...@yale.edu>
Subject Re: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 01:07:43 GMT
Propes, Barry L wrote:
> I wonder now...should I perhaps be using this jar?   ojdbc6.jar  ?
>
> Has anyone upgraded their Oracle drivers that's using TC 6 and JDK 1.6?
>
> If anyone has used these environments together and needed to make the change, please
apprise.

I am using ojdbc6.jar with tomcat 6 (two different versions) and it
works just fine.  I am using dbcp that comes with tomcat 6 without any
problems.

There were some things that weren't implemented correctly/well in
ojdbc14, which work with ojdbc6, some calls for getting metadata from
prepared
statements or result sets (can't remember the exact details).  ojdbc6
seems to work just fine.

mas
> Thanks,
>
> Barry

having to use  ojdbc14_g.jar instead of ojdbc14.jar to successfully get the conn pooling to
work.

> I'll swap out the ojdbc14_g.jar  for the ojdbc14.jar and just use the latter and see
if that works.

> Thanks, Karthik.

sure the same does not exist within the web application.

> ojdbc14_g.jar is used for advance debug purpose, although it works try with normal ojdbc14.jar
>

> With regards
> karthik

directory under which each webapp is normally deployed; there must be a webapp name between
"webapps" and "META-INF" (e.g., ROOT).  Any other construct is incorrect.