tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Apache Tomcat v5.5.20 - Revision 902650 Question
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 14:22:53 GMT
On 02/03/2010 14:08, Hoang, Phong T CTR Navy ERP wrote:
> Environment:  Apache Tomcat version 5.5.20, Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition
x64

> Apache Tomcat is embedded with the Business Objects software install and not a standalone
install.

> Attempted to apply fixes from Revision 902650 for the vulnerabilities identified but
the following files are not found in the Tomcat home folder:

> tomcat/tc5.5.x/trunk/container/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/loader/LocalStrings.properties
> tomcat/tc5.5.x/trunk/container/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/loader/WebappClassLoader.java
> tomcat/tc5.5.x/trunk/container/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup/ContextConfig.java
> tomcat/tc5.5.x/trunk/container/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup/ExpandWar.java
> tomcat/tc5.5.x/trunk/container/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup/HostConfig.java
> tomcat/tc5.5.x/trunk/container/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup/LocalStrings.properties
> tomcat/tc5.5.x/trunk/container/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> What does this mean and how do I apply the revision if those files are not found.  Please
advise.

I think you're trying to apply source code patches to the embedded
binary, which isn't going to work.

You may be able to replace the entire Tomcat installation with the
latest version, but that would be a question for Business Objects/SAP
support.