tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Java programm to Shutdwon the tomcat server
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 09:22:53 GMT
On 01/03/2010 14:26, dBenjamin wrote:

> I using customize icon to launch my application before starting the tomcat my
> java program will check and then it will allow to start the tomcat otherwise
> it will change the port and server will get start.

How are you changing the port?  Are you somehow editing the XML file and
then restarting the server?

> I am validating shutdown port using
> Socket socket = new Socket("127.0.0.1",JVMPort);

is JVMPort the value for the Tomcat shutdown port?

> 		        	    if (socket.isConnected()) {
> port =true;
> 		        	          socket.close();
>
> 		        	    }
> If I check the port it will through the exception:
> Mar 1, 2010 9:22:58 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer await
> WARNING: StandardServer.await: Invalid command '' received

You are, perhaps inadvertently, causing an empty command to be sent to
the shutdown port.  The log message below is the expected response if
you do so.

If you need to start Tomcat programmatically, I strongly recommend that
you look at the Embedded documentation I sent earlier.