tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.fried...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unified doXXX()
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 06:51:21 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> Why does request.getParameter() not work, or is that a secret?
>
> Take a look at SRV.3.1 in the servlet spec. Are you sure you are using
> application/x-www-form-urlencoded with your POST?
>
> If you use that content type, Tomcat will merge parameters in the POST
> body and the query string.

Yes we are and thats why I probably mistook the effect of it doing that
as a side effect instead of a designed in feature... now that being said
we have used that content day since the first few lines of our code was
written and until this post (about 2 years) the servlet getting
getParameter via GET *AND* POST was not an issue... but for some reason
a new client side request format (which there is no easy way around not
using) messed it up.