tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.util.logging - help needed with configuration and problem determination
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:27:25 GMT
2010/3/3 Stuart Grace <sgrace@us.ibm.com>:
> logging.properties
> handlers = 6IBINET.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
> 7IBMIN.org.apache.juli.FileHandler, java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler

You have not defined ".handlers" property in your logging.properties.

If I understand the o.a.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager code correctly, in
such circumstances it behaves as if ".handlers" property were equal to
value of "handlers", that is all handlers are assigned to the default
logger.

Thus, all output not handled by other loggers will go to all defined handlers.

> eocene.web.*.[Catalina].[localhost].[/IBINET].level = FINE
> eocene.web.*.[Catalina].[localhost].[/IBINET].handlers =
Won't work at all.

The category name is
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/contextpath]

You cannot replace "org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase" with anything else.

And that category is just where the output from the
javax.servlet.ServletContext.log() calls goes. Nothing more that that.
Not very useful.

That is unless you ask for that log category explicitly, as a String.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko