tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stéphanie Cettou <s.cet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat login
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:04:31 GMT
I will get the "issue" list, because I think that with Tomcat 6 I
can't do all..(But I don't know Tomcat)
- Get more roles at an user (my code is ready for a JDBCRealm login) *
read/modify pages and object
- Check type of password (more that 8 char, special char,...)
- Ask new password every month (from the web site)
- Block the user after 3 failed login
- Block inactive user (ex after 90 days)
- (ev. Single-Sing-On for some users, but I think not possible with
more active directory) not Mandatory
- Add/modify/delete user from web site

I can do it with Tomcat 6 update? how?
Or it exist others solution / applications?

thanks,

Stéphanie

2010/3/30 Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>:
>> From: Stéphanie Cettou [mailto:s.cettou@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat login
>>
>> There are an other solution?
>
> Best if you can upgrade to Tomcat 6 (usually very easy to do from 5.5), and then use
the CombinedRealm in conjunction with the JNDIRealm and LockOutRealm: