tomcat-users mailing list archives

From RayDon1 <crdoi...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 18:36:36 GMT

> Post the <Resource> element you're using to define the connection pool.
> Does it have appropriate security credentials specified in it?  Can you
> connect to the PostGreSQL server using those credentials by some means
> other than Tomcat?
>
>  - Chuck

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context reloadable="true" debug="true" allowLinking="true">
   <Resource
	    name="jdbcConnectionString"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
            url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/testdb"
            username="testUser"
            password="testPassword"
	    maxActive="100"
	    maxWait="10000"
	    maxIdle="4"/>
</Context>

The user and password are valid and I have been able to connect to this same
database via CLI