tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:03:27 GMT
Alright, done....removed every instance of tomcat-dbcp.jar I could find (save for the instance
that SHOULD be there) and I do finally get a different error, this one seeming more SQL, and
specifically ORACLE-related, in nature.

Now the Oracle driver is initially called (and found) to pull back a tabled page of data,
no problem.

Clicking thru subsequently to a simple JSP with the Context in it produces the following errors:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page /chgctrl_details.jsp
at line 83

80: DataSource ds = (DataSource) envCtx.lookup("jdbc/myoracle");
81:   */
82: // Allocate and use a connection from the pool
83:  connection = ds.getConnection();   <-------------------------------------------------
  here, but then

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected
)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:862)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:791)

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-00923:
FROM keyword not found where expected
)
	org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1225)
	org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected

	oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
	oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:289)
	oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:582)
	oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1986)

Just provided snippets from each of these errors, not the entire set of references on down.

The logs - basically the same.

Java.sql.SQLException:  ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected

Any ideas from this? I'm not yet inclined to think it's fully an Oracle error yet. But I could
be wrong about that. : )