tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:01:17 GMT
It is there, actually. AND, like I'd mentioned in another message (which who knows, might have
been blocked out for some reason) the params using the same driver will retrieve data....bouncing
through to a details page using the Context object seem to fail.
So the driver's there and will work simply by specifying the params, but not in the <Resource>
reference.

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 11:50 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config

> From: Propes, Barry L [mailto:barry.l.propes@citi.com]
> Subject: RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config

(Looks like our corporate e-mail filter is removing some of your messages - I had to retrieve
this from the archive.)

So now we're down to this problem:

> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

(This really is an improvement.)

Now it looks like the Oracle JDBC jar is in the wrong location - it should be in Tomcat's
lib directory, nowhere else.

 - Chuck