tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:57:47 GMT
You're correct in that I initially did the command from the folder above....also tried it from
the lib folder after changing directories and got the same FileNotFound exception error message.

-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 11:32 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config

Propes, Barry L wrote:

I may be missing something, but

> And in doing this, I get this error!!
>
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0>jar -tf
> tomcat.dbcp.jar
>
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: tomcat.dbcp.jar (The system cannot find
> the file
> specified)
>
> And it is in the lib folder!

.. precisely. It looks like you are in the folder /above/ lib when you issue that command.
Should you not do
cd lib
jar -tf tomcat.dbcp.jar

?

And by the way, a suggestion : re-install your Tomcat in a directory without spaces in the
path, or you'll be getting yourself in more trouble sooner or later.