tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:49:13 GMT
Sorry for not clarifying...no IDE -- and this is on my 6.0.18 build.

Should it behave the same way as 6.0.26?

I'm thinking it does, but let me check...I'm not even  deploying this one from the Tomcat
manager...just starting from the startup.bat file from the bin folder.
Much like I'd done with my old 4.1.31 build.

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:37 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config

> From: Propes, Barry L [mailto:barry.l.propes@citi.com]
> Subject: RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config

> However, I do not have an additional <Context> element in the
> conf/Catalina/ folder or subfolders

That in itself is suspicious, since Tomcat 6.0.26 should be copying every <Context>
element it finds from the webapp's META-INF directory to conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml.
 If you don't have anything under conf/Catalina/[host] then you're not running the Tomcat
you think you are.

> But it does appear to be ignoring the <Resource> element.

How are you starting Tomcat?  (Not under an IDE, I hope.)  Does the Tomcat userid have access
to the webapp's context.xml file?

We're missing something basic here.

 - Chuck