tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:39:33 GMT
Well, while I did point it to the proper factory object -  factory="org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.DataSourceConnectionFactory"

I still get the same error -

An error occurred at line: 68 in the jsp file: /chngctrl/chgctrl_details.jsp
Type mismatch: cannot convert from Object to Context
65:
66: Connection connection = null;
67: Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
68: Context envCtx = initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");
69: // Look up our data source
70: DataSource ds = initCtx.lookup("jdbc/myoracle");
71:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:770)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153)
	at org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceLinkFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceLinkFactory.java:97)
	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)   -- this line
- I even tried importing the javax.naming.spi.NamingManager  class in my JSP to see if that
would help
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:781)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153)
	at org.apache.jsp.chngctrl.chgctrl_005fdetails_jsp._jspService(chgctrl_005fdetails_jsp.java:141)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

Same error.