tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:25:44 GMT
Oh yes, you're correct on the factory reference -- the double dbcp reference. My fault.

However, I do not have an additional  <Context> element in the conf/Catalina/ folder
or subfolders being referenced at all.

But it does appear to be ignoring the <Resource> element.

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:17 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config

> From: Propes, Barry L [mailto:barry.l.propes@citi.com]
> Subject: RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
>
> Good point...I'll switch back to
> factory="org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.DataSourceConnectionFactory"

Again, that factory reference is incorrect - there's no such class.  If you insist on specifying
one, and you want to use Tomcat's factory, the value is "org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.DataSourceConnectionFactory"
(note the additional .dbcp in the proper setting).

All the symptoms point to your <Resource> element being ignored.  Check that you don't
have a <Context> element in conf/Catalina/[host]/chngctrl.xml that's overriding the
one in the webapps/chngctrl/META-INF/context.xml file.

 - Chuck