tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:16:03 GMT
Not a problem.

 <Resource> config located in:  .../webapps/chngctrl/META-INF/context.xml -
<Context>
<Resource name="jdbc/myoracle"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
 maxActive="125"
 maxIdle="15"
 maxWait="70000"
 removeAbandoned="true"
 removeAbandonedTimeout="300"
 logAbandoned="true"
username="username"
password="userpass"
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@servername:1526:SID"
minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="5000"
timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis = "10000"
testWhileIdle="true" />
</Context>
-----------------------
In web.xml, located in.../webapps/chngctrl/WEB-INF/web.xml
(for what it's worth, and I think it's immaterial, this at the top-)

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
   xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"
   version="2.5">

<resource-ref>
    <description>Change Ctrl App</description>
    <res-ref-name>jdbc/myoracle</res-ref-name>
    <res-ref-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-ref-type>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

JSP located in ../webapps/chngctrl/change_ctrl_reporting.jsp  calling another JSP with these
contents:

Context initCtx = new InitialContext();

// Look up our data source
DataSource ds = (DataSource) envCtx.lookup("jdbc/myoracle");

// Allocate and use a connection from the pool
Connection connection = ds.getConnection();

All this has worked fine in 4.1.31 -- the two different versions of TC 6 (.0.18 and 0.24)
I've not had any luck with it.

I can pass the parameters through just fine and pull back the data, not with a NamingContext.