tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 20:33:23 GMT
Thanks,

Yeah I tried this and either get a NPE (can't see the Oracle driver) or an error if I reference
the Tomcat factory class, like I've previously done on my older version  (4.1.xx).
I might try backing up to 6.0.18 and give it a shot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Karthik Nanjangude [mailto:karthik.nanjangude@xius-bcgi.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:58 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config

Hi

I hope this helps

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context
    workDir="work/Catalina/localhost/appwar">

<Resource name="jdbc/OrclDB"
      auth="Container"
      type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource"
      factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory"
      user="ABCD"
      password="WXYZ"

        driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
        url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@<IP>:1521:<SERVICE>"/>
</Context>

I have been using this from TC 5.0.18.0 ,5.0.20.0 , 5.0.24.0 And have never any issues with
connection pool

With Oracle 10GDB , JDK1.4 /1.5,ojdbc14.jar

With regards
karthik