tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 19:34:33 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 12:32 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config

> From: Propes, Barry L [mailto:barry.l.propes@citi.com]
> Subject: RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
>
> Yes, I believe that is indeed getting created.
>
> Should that be being done by Tomcat?

     >>Yes, the <Context> element is copied from the webapp to conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml
when the webapp is first deployed.  If you replace the
     >>webapp without undeploying it first, you should also delete the [appName].xml
file; otherwise, Tomcat treats it as something placed there by the
     >>administrator to override the one packaged with the webapp.

 - Chuck

Ok, I gotcha.

Still having some issues, though I did as you'd advised here above.

Seems that if I source the factory as oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory" I get an error
stating

SEVERE: Null component Catalina:type=DataSource,path=/murach,host=localhost,clas
s=javax.sql.DataSource,name="jdbc/myoracle"
Mar 1, 2010 12:48:57 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory

And if I source it as I then get a different error stating
WARNING: Failed to register in JMX: javax.naming.NamingException: Could not crea
te resource factory instance [Root exception is java.lang.ClassCastException: or
g.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource cannot be cast to javax.naming.spi.Obj
ectFactory]

This upon startup, when I simply start up Tomcat.

Had the context element in my META-INF/context.xml file (of the webapp) and whether or not
I specify a resource-ref element in the web.xml doc.