tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric Bauman <baum...@livejournal.dk>
Subject Why does Tomcat try to use the cache when compilation failed?
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:14:05 GMT
Hi there,

For some reason, it appears Tomcat is trying to hit its compilation
cache when compilation failed.

For example, if I create a JSP containing nothing but Hello,
<%=world%>!, predictably, I get an error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP.
Subsequent requests however alternate between this and
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
Unable to load class for JSP.

Further, if I create a JSP containing Hello!, it of course works just
fine. If I modify it contain Hello, <%=name%>!, the response alternates
between the previously-mentioned compilation error, and the cached Hello!.

Any ideas what's going on?

Cheers,
Eric