tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Mast <jhmast.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat dies suddenly
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2010 21:38:35 GMT
Carl,

Here's what I have on my system, you'll obviously need to adjust for your
setup, especially the httpd part as I don't believe you're using it:
#db-style timestamp
STAMP=`date +%F' '%T`;

# count the number of httpd child processes
AP_COUNT=`ps auxf | grep -c "httpd"`;

# count the number of Tomcat threads.
# NOTE: this assumes that the only program that is using java is Tomcat
TC_COUNT=`ps auxHS | grep -c "bin/java"`;

# pipe the output of free into grep seaching for the second line
MEM_CHECK=`free -m | grep "buffers/"`;

#use a tab delimiter to simplify importing results into a spreadsheet or db
TAB=`echo -e '\t'`;

MESSAGE=$STAMP$TAB--$TAB$AP_COUNT$TAB$TC_COUNT$TAB$MEM_CHECK$TAB[httpd,tomcat,memory];

echo $MESSAGE;

hope you find it helpful