tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Hartner <a...@j2anywhere.com>
Subject Re: Active DataSource Connection count never decreasing with PostgreSQL [RESOLVED]
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2010 01:05:07 GMT
Thanks guys. It turns out that there was a connection leak. I just needed to wait for the entire
pool to fill up with "Active" connection and then I got the abandoned messages.

On 4 Feb 2010, at 05:30, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>> From: Alexander Hartner [mailto:alex@j2anywhere.com]
>> Subject: Re: Active DataSource Connection count never decreasing with
>> PostgreSQL
>
> Again, please send just to the mailing list, not to individuals.
>
>> conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <Context docBase="apps/AddressBookServer.war">
>
> Apparently you missed this bit from a previous response:
>
> "with a docBase attribute that points to a .war file *outside* of Tomcat's directory
structure"

> Where *outside* is the critical term.
>
>>   <Environment name="LicenseFile" value="Licensekey.license"
>> type="java.lang.String" override="true"/>
>>   <Environment name="BackupsFolder" value="../backups"
>> type="java.lang.String" override="true"/>
>
> Note that setting override="true" allows <env-entry> settings in WEB-INF/web.xml
to override <Environment> elements nested inside the <Context>; is that really
what you want?

>> url="jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost:28081/../db/AddressBookDB;LOCK_TIMEOUT=60000"
>
> I still have no idea how to make any sense out of that URL.
>
>>  connectionURL="jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost:28081/../db/AddressBookDB;LOCK_TIMEOUT=60000"
>
> Nor the second one.
>
>> I guess this is causes as I have a META-INF/context.xml file
>> inside my WAR.
>
> No, it's because the docBase on the <Context> element above points to a location
under appBase (exactly what the message says), which you've been told before is a no-no.

>> I am using tomcat 6.0.18. Is this supposed to work with
>> this release or should I upgrade to 6.0.24 ?
>
> The config you have won't work with any release (other than by some accident), since
it's illegal.  Regardless, I would certainly move up to 6.0.24; no point in debugging on a
level that's a year-and-a-half and many, many fixes old.