tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat dies suddenly
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:00:32 GMT
> From: Carl [mailto:carl@etrak-plus.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat dies suddenly

(I switched this comment to Carl's original thread, since that's where it applies.)

> the core files on my systems were in several directories

I wonder if the above is a clue to what's going on.  I've always seen core files written to
the current directory of the dying process, never scattered around arbitrarily.  Tomcat's
current directory should be $CATALINA_HOME/bin; if one of the webapps is changing the current
directory, could that be contributing to the failure by confusing other code or the JVM?
(Or is this just another of the many red herrings?)

 - Chuck