tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Missing files for mod_jk
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 15:07:27 GMT
> From: Alexander Diedler [mailto:adiedler@tecracer.de]
> Subject: AW: Missing files for mod_jk

> Thread stack size : 1024 MB

That's a problem - or a typo.  A 1 GB thread stack size is not possible.  Assuming you meant
1024 KB, why did you think it necessary to change it from the default?

Use JConsole or equivalent to monitor Tomcat while it's running and see if you have excess
threads running around.  Task Manager will also give you a thread count.

> httpd.conf: (Only changes from default value):

And the mod_jk config?

> <Connector       port="8010"
>                   protocol="AJP/1.3"
>                   maxThreads="10000"
>                   tcpNoDelay="true" />

That's an insane value for maxThreads; certainly no 32-bit OS will ever be able to create
that many.  You might be able to do it with a 64-bit one, but I can't imagine *any* environment
where you need to process 10,000 concurrent requests on a single server.

 - Chuck