tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Missing files for mod_jk
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 14:43:26 GMT
> From: Alexander Diedler [mailto:adiedler@tecracer.de]
> Subject: AW: Missing files for mod_jk
>
> Some additional information.. in Cataling Log we can see:
> SCHWERWIEGEND: Error allocating socket processor
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

This is not a heap usage issue, despite the OOME being thrown.  You're starting too many threads
in the Tomcat process, either reaching the predefined limit for the OS, or running out of
process space for the additional structures needed by a thread (e.g., stack space).

Since you didn't tell us anything about the OS you're running on, the JVM you're using, or
your Tomcat and mod_jk configs, there's not much more anyone can tell you.

 - Chuck