tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Active DataSource Connection count never decreasing with PostgreSQL
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:23:19 GMT
> From: Alexander Hartner [mailto:alex@j2anywhere.com]
> Subject: Re: Active DataSource Connection count never decreasing with
> PostgreSQL

Just send responses to the list, please - not to individuals.

> However there doesn't seem to be an option to set the root
> application without renaming the WAR to ROOT.war, or is there.

Appropriately naming the .war file is certainly easiest way of declaring the default webapp.
 Alternatively, you can create a <Context> element in conf/Catalina/[host]/ROOT.xml
with a docBase attribute that points to a .war file *outside* of Tomcat's directory structure.

> as well as set the application accessible on the root (/) path.

The path for the default webapp is "", not "/".

> Ideally I would like to set the deployment path to / in
> META-INF/context.xml

Not possible.

> but configure the database connection outside the WAR
> to allow me to change between different database.

Do as suggested above and place the <Resource> element inside the <Context> element
in conf/Catalina/[host]/ROOT.xml.

 - Chuck