tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: BestPractise Multiple Webapps
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:47:44 GMT
> From: Alexander Diedler [mailto:adiedler@tecracer.de]
> Subject: BestPractise Multiple Webapps
>
> It is possible to impact all these webapps into one manager app and
> restart contexts?

Not to my knowledge.  An instance of the Tomcat manager works with only one <Host>.
 Nothing to stop you from writing your own multi-host version, of course.

> <Host name="app1" appBase="app1">
>                 <Alias>www.app1.de</Alias>

You could make each <Host> name "www.app?.de" and remove the <Alias> elements
to reduce overhead slightly.

> /conf/Cartalina/app1/
>                 ROOT.xml
>                 Manager.xml

If you do remove the <Alias> elements, the directory under Catalina (not Cartalina)
would have to change to www.app1.de.  Also, "Manager.xml" had better be "manager.xml" - case
matters, even on Windows.

> Content ROOT.xml:
> <Context path="/" reloadable="true" docBase="D:\tomcat_apps\app1">

The path attribute is illegal here, besides being wrong.

Same comments for the app2 and app3 setups.  The localhost directory also has "manager.xml"
misspelled.

 - Chuck