tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Still unable to get a heap dump from Tomcat running on Windows as a service
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:59:03 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: Still unable to get a heap dump from Tomcat running on
> Windows as a service
>
> I guess that phrases like that one explain why one talks about the Art
> of computer programming, and not the Science of ditto.

Knuth knew whereof he spoke.  Having been at this a long time, and holding a mechanical engineering
degree, I always get a laugh (or get upset) when someone uses the term "software engineer".

> the subject of every post contains a funny character between "as"
> and "a service", except for Chuck's posts, which don't.

That's because I try to remember to delete the silly tab character that somebody's mailer
keeps inserting...

 - Chuck