tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Still unable to get a heap dump from Tomcat running on Windows as a service
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:25:15 GMT
> From: Caldarale, Charles R
> Subject: RE: Still unable to get a heap dump from Tomcat running on
> Windows as a service
>
> I just tried forcing an OOME dump with Tomcat running under the Local
> System Account - and it worked.  This is under Vista 64, not Server
> 2K3, and starting with the .zip download.

BTW, increasing the logging level of the service wrapper got me these messages in jakarta_service_xxx.log
when the OOME was hit:

[2010-02-02 15:59:40] [info] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
[2010-02-02 15:59:40] [info] Dumping heap to java_pid3468.hprof ...
[2010-02-02 15:59:40] [info] Heap dump file created [9116554 bytes in 0.261 secs]

You might try changing your log level and see if something interesting shows up.

- Chuck