tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Can't Disable Apache Tomcat
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:35:46 GMT
> From: A. Wolf [mailto:a.lupine@gmail.com]
> Subject: Can't Disable Apache Tomcat
>
> Tomcat is set to "disabled" on my Vista machine.

That's the Tomcat service, not the GUI interface.

> But it still appears in the taskbar and in task manager.

That's the GUI management tool.

> How do I prevent it from loading entirely at startup?

Somewhere, you've got a registry entry or startup script referring to "tomcat?w.exe //MS//"
(where the ? is Tomcat base level - which you didn't tell us).  Delete the registry entry
or startup script.

> This is really bothering me.

Why?

> I rarely use Apache and I don't want it to load into RAM
> at startup.

Perhaps you're confusing Windows with DOS - we have virtual memory now, so anything that's
not being used pages out to disk rather quickly if the real memory space is needed.

 - Chuck