tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat cleaning up work folder by itself
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:55:05 GMT
> From: Anand HS [mailto:anandhs@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat cleaning up work folder by itself
>
> My context is located under <TOMCAT_HOME>/conf/Catalina/
> abc-web/ROOT.xml

In which case the docBase attribute is not allowed, unless the webapp is located completely
outside of the Tomcat directory structure.

Apparently you have a <Host> named abc-web; show us your server.xml and let's see if
there are overlapping appBase settings, which will result in all sorts of odd behavior.

> The context.xml is untouched and is the same as what comes
> with the distribution.

Distribution of what?

> Pardon my incomplete information. Since my application has
> Root context , I think thats the correct folder into which
> the resources are unzipped.

It would be, if your webapp was actually located in the abc-web <Host> [appBase]/ROOT
directory, *and* that directory wasn't part of some other <Host>'s appBase.

 - Chuck