tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Getting a heap dump on OOME from Tomcat-as-a-service on Windows?
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:48:16 GMT
> From: Laird Nelson [mailto:ljnelson@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Getting a heap dump on OOME from Tomcat-as-a-service on
> Windows?
>
> Heap dumped, but no file was produced.  Searched the entire computer
> for .hprof files; no results.

I'm running Tomcat 6.0.24 as a service on Vista 64, and get the .hprof file without any problems.
 Things that might be different between my setup and yours:

1) I specified a Working Path directory on the Startup tab of tomcat6w, and that's where the
.hprof file is being written to.

2) I am running the service under a real account, not Local System.

3) I did not specify the -XX:HeapDumpPath parameter.

 - Chuck