tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat cleaning up work folder by itself
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:23:18 GMT
> From: Anand HS [mailto:anandhs@gmail.com]
> Subject: Tomcat cleaning up work folder by itself
>
> 1. I have a exploded war file inside a folder abc-web and my
> context.xml points to this folder as docBase.

Where is your context.xml file located?  The docBase attribute is normally not allowed.

> 3. abc-ejb.jar has a few configuration files internally like
> config.properties, app-config.properties.

How are those files referenced by your code?  If you're using file system paths, you're asking
for trouble, since those are never guaranteed to work in a servlet environment.  You should
be using either Classloader.getResourceAsStream() or ServletContext.getResourceAsStream().

> When i start the server, the contents of abc-ejb.jar are exploded into
> <TOMCAT_HOME>\work\_\loader.

That's not the right place; the work\_ directory is for the default webapp, and yours appears
to be named abc-web.  If you want yours to be the default webapp, it should be named ROOT
(case-sensitive, even on Windows).

 - Chuck