tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dan Armbrust <daniel.armbrust.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 100% CPU usage after moving from Java 5 to 6
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 18:53:03 GMT

> Well, as I said, Tomcat is working much more stable now than it did before.
> However, once in a few days it still becomes unresponsive, while CPU usage
> stays incredibly low.

Unresponsive, meaning what, exactly?  If the CPU is idle, but your
webapp isn't returning a response... it seems to indicate that your
webapp is waiting on something else... DB query, file read, whatever.
It seems unlikely that it would be blocked, consistently by a garbage
collection - especially with the heap sizes you are running with.

VisualJVM can give you a clue as to what threads are running, and
which ones are waiting when the system is unresponsive.