tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Batch-processing of emailed log4j log messages
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:28:08 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> André,

..

> Care to throw down the gauntlet with some code? I'd love to see
> something that can coalesce log messages in such a way.

Me and my big mouth.
This was meant to be a troll, triggering a flame.  It wasn't meant
seriously.
But ok, I'll bite, because it's something I might need too some day.
Give me a couple of days though, I'm pretty busy right now.

> Remember that some log messages have more than one line of output, like
> stack traces and all that.

But those are unlikely to have repeating lines.  And I can cheat,
replacing the message above by
 >> ".. above line repeated nn times .."

Send me a sample of your logfile, I'd like to see the look of your
timestamps.