tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: jvm exits without trace
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:41:01 GMT
Taylan Develioglu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have jvm's, running tomcat and our application, exiting mysteriously,
> and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to debug
> this thing.
>
> There is nothing in catalina.out, nor our application logs, and no
> hotspot error file. GC log looks normal. No trace in system logs.
>
> I am left completely clueless :(, has anyone dealt with a problem like
> this before?

This sounds eerily like the problem discussed in the other current
thread "Tomcat dies suddenly".
Maybe some of the things mentioned in that thread can give you some ideas ?

In the meantime, have a look for core dumps in the Tomcat bin directory
for example.
Or, run Tomcat in a command window instead of as a daemon, and check if
there is a Segfault ?